February 7, 2009 by pamelathompson and tagged 7 things
Have just been tagged again by Colin Becker to share 7 things about me. I waited for ages to be tagged & now I”ve been tagged twice since Christmas! Better late than never, I say. Anyway, here are some extra things about me that I’m willing to share:-0
- I’m very scared of heights, so much so that 2 steps up a ladder feels like the top of the Eiffel Tower! Makes putting up displays in the classroom interesting!
- I’ve become addicted to the internet and I think twitter is just playing on my innate curiosity (read nosiness!)
- I have very bad eyesight and would be lost without my contact lenses
- I have 2 dogs – sometimes not sure who’s the boss, them or me!
- If I had a big enough property I would have pet alpacas
- I love listening to music and have varied taste although I don’t know a lot about classical. Strangely when my ipod is on random it always seems to find the Cat Empire & my husband thinks it’s rigged!
- I have a gym membership but am very good at making excuses for not going!
As I’ve already tagged others i will forego that pleasure this time, but encourage anyone who hasn’t done a 7 things post to write one and tweet it.
Posted in Uncategorized | 3 Comments »
February 7, 2009 by pamelathompson and tagged Quest_Atlantis IB
I’m ashamed to say that I’ve not done much more of the Blogging Challenge. Once back at school I seem to have hit the ground running. I’ve started at my new school and some days it feels like informational and emotional overload. Everyone has been so friendly and welcoming that I feel very comfortable already, so that’s a plus. However, I think I’m going to have to prioritise a I can’t continue everything I’ve started!
I’ve been doing the online teacher PD for Quest Atlantis and think that this could be a great way of combining ICT, and the IB. Being new to IB it’s another thing to get my head around but I would think that QA would fit nicely with the Learner Profiles. I’ll be trying to get the other Year 6/7 teachers involved with this too. Any other suggestions form those in the know regarding IB?
Posted in Uncategorized | 1 Comment »
January 13, 2009 by pamelathompson and tagged 31DayChallenge Darren_Rowse
The next task in the 31 day challenge was to improve the About page. i always find it difficult to talk about myself so my Who am I? page was looking a little bare. I have now updated it, but I haven’t added a photo as Darren has suggested – not sure the blogging world’s ready for that!
Anyway, what do you think? Too much information? Something missing? All suggestions welcome.
Posted in 31DayChallenge | 6 Comments »
January 13, 2009 by pamelathompson and tagged 31DayChallenge, Lisa_Dick, Nic_Mobbs, Sue_Waters
I’ve decided to join the 31 day challenge to build a better blog. I’ve had a class blog for a year now, but have had to start a new one this year as I’m moving schools. I’ve also decided to start this personal blog. So, now seems a good opportunity to refelct on my old blog and use that and the challenge to help set up the new ones.
Some of the initial tasks have been simple and things that I’d already done – emailing a reader & joining a forum – tick! However, i’d never actually audited my blog or asked someone to look at it critically. A nerve-wracking thought really Nevertheless I plucked up the courage and asked one of the other challenge participants to cast their eyes over my old class blog – mainly because that one had more to look at (and criticise!). Thanks to Nic Mobbs for taking the tiime to do the audit and provide practical feedback. I have taken on board her suggestions for the new blogs and also removed the 7 things post from the class blog. As I explained to Nic I wasn’t quite comfortable with that post being on the class blog so she was really confirming my gut feeling. Thanks again Nic.
If you want a blogging challenge you can find more info on Sue Waters’ blog. You can also visi the wiki set up for the participants – thanks to Lisa.
Posted in 31DayChallenge | 1 Comment »
January 8, 2009 by pamelathompson and tagged 7_things
I’ve recently been tagged by Tania Sheko to share 7 things about myself, so here goes:
1. I was engaged to my husband & bought first home whilst still at school, & married at 18.And they said it wouldn’t last!
2. I was a late starter and didn’t go to uni until I was 37. Now I’m doing an M.Ed.
3. I started my teaching career as a high school French teacher (some people say I swapped to primary just so that I could be taller than some of my students!)
4. I am Welsh & came to Australia in 1992.(And no, I can’t sing! – but I can say the long train station name).
5. I have 3 children – 2 are police officers & the other is a lawyer.
6. I love reading, especially crime, mystery and psychological thrillers.
7. As a child I (from the age of 9 until about 16) I was heavily involved in ballroom dancing. Now I think I have 2 left feet.
Now I’m tagging the following people, hoping that they haven’t been tagged already:
Posted in Uncategorized | 4 Comments »